Saturday, May 15, 2010

Prizzy Prizzy Please - Chroma Cannon


Prizzy Prizzy Please
Chroma Cannon
©2010 Joyful Noise Recordings
www.myspace.com/prizzyprizzyplease

Any band that can create infectious punk rock without using a single electric guitar has piqued my taste buds. In fact, they use a saxophone. This Indiana/Illinois foursome has created a noise punk and garage rock fusion reminiscent of late 70’s British punk with enough modern elements to make it more than interesting. I hear elements of The Who, Van Halen, E-Street Band, TV On The Radio, The Clash, amongst others.

“Supersized Hookup” is my favorite track, but “New Shoes” is close behind. Insane and intense is this disc throughout. After multiple listens, it is still hard to categorize, even though I have attempted above to do so. “2020 Vision” reminds me of The Clash. This band is very creative going outside the norms of standard instrumentation.

I would be willing to wager that PPP is quite infectious live. To boot, I’ll bet they are so fun, you would want to see them over and over again.

9.5 of 10 clicks
thecannyshark
May 2010

No comments: