Sunday, March 14, 2010

Templar - Dark Circus



Templar
Dark Circus
©2009 YoungSide Records
www.myspace.com/templarmuzic

One look at the slight disturbing cover of “Dark Circus” and you might think a possible Marilyn Manson clone. Never judge a cover, right? Nu and old school metal blend to give a schizophrenic response, but the blend doesn’t gel smoothly. I’m torn because the old school stuff is listenable, but at times stylistically, they don’t leave an impression. I’ve tried wrapping my head around this several times, but to no avail. I can handle an in-your-face approach, if it’s done well. This is questionable. I feel as though I’ve walked into a metal bar, with an ever-shrinking patronage, and there’s an 80’s metal act, playing to 20 or so head bangers. Sorry, but I didn’t even buy a drink before leaving.

4 of 10 clicks
thecannyshark
February 2010

No comments: